Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Baby Showers Galore!

Well, we have had two baby showers since I last posted! On Sunday, April 18th, Rachel hosted a baby shower and invited our co-workers to her house. It was great to spend time with the lovely ladies I work with outside of work! And as you know...we are all nurses...so you can imagine how creative a few of the gifts were...bedpans and all...Thanks Clarian!



Here is a pic of the cute little growth chart that matches Emerson's room. Rachel had a friend make this for us! We can't wait for him to arrive so we can watch him grow! :)


Then, on Tuesday, April 20th. We went to our small church group gathering and they all planned a surprise shower for us and another couple who is expecting their little boy in June! It was great!

We are so blessed to know so many special people in our lives that care so much about us and Emerson! All I have to say is: Emerson is going to be one lucky kid! We can't wait for him to meet all of you! THANK YOU!

The weeks are just flying by! This is week 37! I went to the doctor yesterday. She said that Emerson is still growing. She asked if I was having contractions. I told her I didn't think so??? It sounds weird, but I've never had a baby before...and certainly can't tell you what a contraction feels like! When she was measuring my belly she thought that I was probably contracting and just didn't realize it. She thought she would check to see if I'm dilated next Monday! Exciting!

I'm still praying that Emerson comes after May 14th. That is our goal! :) Kyle says I shouldn't pray for a specific date...lol. I told him that God knows He can bring Emerson into this world at anytime, but it doesn't hurt to ask for a little guidance in His timing....right?!?! :) If you know me, I have Emerson penciled into my planner for May 14th or after...lol! :) Anyway, nesting is underway at our house. It's not just me either...it's Kyle too! He has been working hard to landscape our yard. It is looking great! We are expecting to mulch it in the next few days. I'll have to post a pic when it is all nice and mulched. ;) Gretta has been nesting too. She has been practicing protecting her food in preparation for Emerson's arrival...she's a beast! She does raise her ears when we say "Emerson"...it's cute...it's like she knows that she is about to be a big sister. :)

Anyway, thanks to everyone for all their support throughout our entire pregnancy! Hopefully we can squeeze at least another post on here before Emerson makes his appearance! Otherwise, keep checking...we never know when he might just arrive...

1 comment: